Veiled Chameleon Care
Explore the resources below to learn more about veiled chameleons and their care.
As part of our partnership, ReptiFiles has prepared scientifically-backed care sheets just for Zen Habitats fans. For more in depth care sheets, or for care sheets on reptiles not featured here, please visit www.reptifiles.com.
Zen Habitats spoke with Tricia Koczor, one of our gurus and creator of Reptilian Garden on YouTube, about Chameleons and what you need to know so your pet can be happy and healthy!
More Articles from Trusted Sources
- A Guide to Caring for Your Pet Chameleon - Chameleons are amazing creatures, but they aren't the best reptiles for everyone. Since their care requirements are quite specific and they are easily stressed, chameleons are not for the beginner herpetologist. (via TheSprucePets.com)
- World's Smallest Chameleon Discovered In Madagascar - Researchers in Madagascar have discovered and described a new species of Brookesia Chameleon that is smaller than the previous known smallest species. The tiny reptile was found in the Sorata massif forest area on Madagascar, which was designated a protected area in 2015. (via Reptiles Magazine)
- Five Key Elements of Reptile Nutrition - From turtles and tortoises to iguanas and lizards, a complete and balanced diet is critical for the health and longevity of reptiles. Complete means all nutrients required for the species’ age and lifestyle are included, and balanced means all nutrients are available in the correct amount and proportions. (via Reptiles Magazine)
- How to Quarantine Reptiles (video and article) - Do you have more than one reptile pet? One of the most overlooked issues in multiple-reptile households is how to quarantine them. (via Reptifiles.com)
- 7 Things Every New Reptile Keeper Should Know - Constant learning is an important part of owning a reptile. For new owners there are 7 tips they need to know in the beginning. Topics include temperature gradients, UVB lighting, and enclosure requirements. (via Reptifiles.com)
Live Plants vs Fake Plants — Which is Better for Your Reptile? -
The issue of live plants vs fake plants for reptiles prevents many owners from going bioactive. Learn about which is better, if live plants are needed for bioactive substrates, and more. (via Reptifiles.com)